Posted to rec.woodworking
TEF

Default Corian fabrication

Mike,

One can easily cut solid surface with a triple-chip plastic blade and route
it with any carbide bits. It will even cut with a jig saw, but some solid
surface products will quickly dull a blade. Often it's easier to make a
rough cut with a router and sand it to exact size. You'll usually get a
much smoother edge this way. To polish it, one uses a succession of finer
grit sanding disks ranging from 220 to 1200 and finishing it off with the
white scotchbrite pads. If a matte finish is desired, one can stop at any
point before reaching 1200 grit. As for dust, my wife will testify that it
seems to reach every corner of the house despite every attempt using a dust
collection system and shop vac. I am not certain that it's all that heavy
as it estimates the consistency and density of flour and seems to float in
the air for quite some time. Despite the dust, the resulting countertops
are often quite nice, so, for me, it's fun to work with.

Good luck,

"Michael" wrote in message
Thanks.....(the stuff has such a hard feel to it, it makes one
apprehensive).

And Joe Blow.....I wouldn't have asked if I hadn't spent an hour

searching.

Besides, I was asking about "personal experiences" and that's worth more
than "generalized" information.

If you don't mean to be a prick...then don't be one.