Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Rich Grise

Default Increasing Electricity into your home question

On Sat, 11 Feb 2006 00:49:50 +0000, Clif Holland top-posted:

Irving, TX, where I live, just requires you have a permit and have it pass
inspection. The inspector I dealt with told me he would help in any way
but would not pull wire. If I had a question he answered it. When I was
finished it was to code. He also told me of shortcuts to save money. When
I asked about brands of breakers he said he couldn't recommend any brand
BUT brand x would not trip as fast as brand y. (Drag test of a live wire
to ground, x would let the wire weld before opening. Y opened as soon as
it touched, my choice).

Sounds like a right neighborly fellow! :-) Was he charging by the hour? ;-)

Cheers!
Rich