Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
DanG

Default I need an advice for drilling

As far as I know the Hilti TE 56 drill is a hammer drill only
capable of "hammer and rotate" and "hammer only". As such, it
would be totally unacceptable for the task at hand.

As others have said, this sounds like a job for a magnetic base
drill with a roto broach bit similar to:
http://www.ercolina-usa.com/durabore.htm

(top posted for your convenience)
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Keep the whole world singing . . . .
DanG (remove the sevens)

"Carlos" wrote in message
ups.com...
i need to do 300 holes on a 5/15" steel plate ( over girders on a
bridge). The diameter of these holes is 1 1/2". I'd like to use
the
equipment that i have; the combohammer TE-56 from Hilti. This
equipment
is design to work drilling holes on concrete, but i think I
could used
it for drill over this steel plate (ASTM -A36) too. The speed of
this
equipment is 485 RPM. What do you think?