Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.building.construction
SQLit

Default Building a stucco over wood framing courtyard wall

" BruceG" wrote in message
. com...
I would like to build a courtyard wall using wood framing with a stucco
finish. I live in California, and such walls are not uncommon, but I'm
unable to find any books, articles, info, etc, that covers the

construction
of such a wall. I'm thinking that there might be recommended adjustments

make due to the weight of the stucco, like using 4x6 posts on 6ft centers
instead of 4x4 on 8ft centers, etc.

Can anyone point me to some good sources of information?

Many Thanks...

Shaky town,,,,, Better call the building department. The ground moves in
California. The building departments have all sorts of rules about
construction.

Where I live 4x4's are not allowed any more. Posts for a patio cover are 4x6
with a 18 inch deep 3 foot square footing for each one. And the ground does
not move here.