Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Cartmell

Default Do you want a very different visit ?

In article , . [email protected] wrote:
John Cartmell wrote:
In article , . [email protected] wrote:
John Cartmell wrote:
In article , raden
wrote:
Any cartoons of Mohammed ?

The ones in question are easily accessible and quite innocuous.

how /very/ dare you !!

I'm so offended I shall raise a mob and burn you out of your home !!

Not as offended as I am

well, you have the right to raise your own mob and burn me out of /my/
house :-)

by that apparently moderate speaker who, in all seriousness seemed to
expect the Danish government to prosecute the newspaper in question even
though that would mean making a new (and unacceptable) law and back-date
it.

It's the fact that those rabble-rousing Imams(sp?) want us to retaliate
that's stopping me responding appropriately...

.. moderates of the world unite! ;-)

I couldn't agree more but I worry that a lack of action on the part of
moderates will alow the fundaligionists (tm) to run riot.

I do think some of the reporters should point out that the only really
offensive cartoons were those manufactured by the imams - not those printed by
the Danish newspaper; and make it clear that the reason the cartoons were
printed was to test the assumption that pictorial comment on Islam was
difficult if not impossible. To hark back to another recent OT thread - test
proved?

Current argument in this household centres on how much an open society can
accept intolerance within its midst.