Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Clif Holland

Default Increasing Electricity into your home question

Irving, TX, where I live, just requires you have a permit and have it pass
inspection. The inspector I dealt with told me he would help in any way but
would not pull wire. If I had a question he answered it. When I was finished
it was to code. He also told me of shortcuts to save money. When I asked
about brands of breakers he said he couldn't recommend any brand BUT brand x
would not trip as fast as brand y. (Drag test of a live wire to ground, x
would let the wire weld before opening. Y opened as soon as it touched, my
choice).

--

Clif Holland KA5IPF
www.avvid.com

"sparty" wrote in message
oups.com...
I can easily run wires and hook them up no problem. Just for kicks
though, I'm going to call the city and ask them if I can take a test or
something along that to do my own electricity and get it inspected. I
know someone where I used to live in TX, that called and they let him
take a test and get a temporary license to do his own.