Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Rumm

Default Electricity : Plug Sockets Not Working !!

Andrew Gabriel wrote:

when I've replaced CU's in homes, I've used MEM Memshield2 (or
whatever Eaton now call it) as it's just such a joy to work
with something of that quality compared with the usual domestic
CU's. The MCB's for these are all 10kA breaking too, although
that was not my reason for using them.

They actually have an overlapping 6kA breaking range as well under the
memshield2 brand - although it only covers the lower range of values
upto about 32 or 40A (a letter suffix of the part number dictates the
actual range IIRC).

You are right about the CUs though - nicely put together and having the
DIN rail clip the other side of the MCB from usually (i.e. on the
circuit side and not the busbar side) makes for simpler fitting and
removal in a big distribution board.

--
Cheers,

John.