Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andrew Gabriel

Default Electricity : Plug Sockets Not Working !!

In article .uk,
Ed Sirett writes:
On Fri, 10 Feb 2006 01:53:07 +0000, John Rumm wrote:
http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Main_Ind...ers/index.html

Nice bit of kit - to use where the Prospective fault current exceeds the
breaking limit of MCBs.

or use commercial/industrial breakers. On a couple of occasions
when I've replaced CU's in homes, I've used MEM Memshield2 (or
whatever Eaton now call it) as it's just such a joy to work
with something of that quality compared with the usual domestic
CU's. The MCB's for these are all 10kA breaking too, although
that was not my reason for using them.

Also, if you check manufacturers data sheets, you will sometimes
find their lower rated MCBs are upped to 10kA when backed with
a 100A BS1361 fuse as commonly used in main cutouts.

--
Andrew Gabriel