Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Anthony

Default Increasing Electricity into your home question

"sparty" wrote in news:1139532111.190142.301710
@g44g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:

This will be through my Basement Ceiling Joists, then up a Garage
finished wall, then through the Garage Attic, then to a Breaker Panel.
Should be about 70-80 feet.

Personally, I would just upgrade the entrance service (meter base) to a
400 Amp unit with a 350A disconnect and split between the existing 150
Amp service and a new 200 amp box in the basement. This will cover any
future additions (lathe/mill/surface grinder/other cool tools) you may do
also.

--
Anthony

better idiots.