Posted to alt.home.repair
MC

Default Squirrels in Attic

wrote:
If the squirrels are eating through the wire that you have over the
gables, then it must not be heavy enough.
I had squirrels coming in through a powered exhaust vent and easily
stopped them with some heavy gauge
wire mesh.

You should also realize that trapping them and relocating in winter
will likely kill them, depending on the
climate, as they won't have an alternate nest to protect them from the
cold. Locking them out may be better
in that regard, as sometimes there is a nearby old unused nest they can
fall back on.

I had squirels eat through every one of my outside x-mas lights one
year, after that I just leave them on all the time.

They also chewed into many of the heavy guage aluminum wire that is used
as ties on my chain link fence, where ties to the top rail, now I have
to go an replace most of them.

chewed my cable TV wire up in several places.

I found the perfect solution and funtime entertainment

Pelet gun from my local Box-Mart store.

Now I can sit back on my front porch, sipping on some ice tea, picking
the little *******s off.

But just ain't as much fun as using my 44, niegbors don't like the noise
and sheerif gets really mad too