Posted to rec.woodworking
wayne mak

Default Water-borne Finishes (Poly vs Lacquer vs Varnish)

I used a water based poly for the first time the results have been great. I
like the look of the finish much more than the oil based finish, plus dry
time and clean up are much better.
"Tom H" wrote in message
. com...
I want to use a water-borne spray finish because of my confined shop.
I've been brushing for years and recently purchased a HVLP gun.
I make furniture and small boxes and want a good all around finish.

I've been looking at Target Coatings ( http://www.targetcoatings.com/ ).
They sell water-borne poly, lacquer and varnish.
The varnish looks good to me but has an 8 month shelf life.

I would appreciate any suggestions from those of you using water-borne
spray products.