Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Rumm

Default Electricity : Plug Sockets Not Working !!

hamertime wrote:

I looked at my electricity box in the garage as I presumed it should
just be a fuse, but tried to pull out the various switches for the
different parts of the house but they dont seem to come out and it
kinder looks like they not supposed too, which is strange.

Does your fuse box (or Consumer Unit (CU) as it ought to be called) look
like it contains any of these:

http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Main_Ind...nge/index.html

or even:

http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Main_Ind...ers/index.html

It doesn't look like the normal fuse boxes I have seen in the past as
all of the ones I have seen before have fuses you can pull out and
change for each part of the house maybe its a bit newer than the ones I
am used to seeing.

If it is a reasonably modern setup you would expect a nice row of
circuit breakers and not fuses. The position of the switches on them
will tell you if any have tripped.

I have also checked the actual plug sockets and they look like they are
connected up OK.

Anyway any advice would be much appreciated as I didn't really want to
call someone out just for these plugs.

First thing is to find out if any circuits are tripped. If they are all
apparently still on, then there are a number of possible reasons for the
problem you are seeing, however check the circuit breakers first and
post back again for the next steps if that does not fix it.

--
Cheers,

John.