Ian Stirling

Default stopping a diesel

Bart D. Hull wrote:
Yea, a diesel over-revving its brains is truely a frightening occasion.
The GM's (lots of Oldmobile diesels.) did this so often it was amazing.
What's really amazing is that GM never got sued for it.

I'm surprised the motor didn't hydraulic when the service manager dumped
the antifreeze water mixture. That's why we used the Halon and had a second
bottle ready if the first didn't stop the motor completely.

It'll tend to have problems passing the air filter, so will throttle it
quite effectively, as well as breaking up lumps of water.
You need to get quite a lot of water into the engine to get past what
the engine can take.
Not recommended of course, but maybe better than it racing to destruction.

--
http://inquisitor.i.am/ | | Ian Stirling.
"The device every conquerer, yes, every altruistic liberator should be required