Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
SteveF

Default SB Fourteen (new model) question

"Bill" wbbright@amaonlinecom wrote in message
I have the motor and transmission out of my South Bend Fourteen
(variable speed) Lathe. I was doing some test runs on it after
changeing the oil, and noticed that the transmission is pretty noisy.
Is this normal for these lathes?
I remember a counter top sales thingy at auto stores. It was a plastic
gear setup and you could see how quite the gears got when using this
special oil or oil modifier.( I cant remember which.) What is
everyones take on using some kind of oil modifier in the transmission?
and if yes what brand.

Thank you for your time.

Bill

Lucas Oil Stabilizer. Don't have any experience with it but have played
with the "thingy" also and it looked pretty interesting.

Steve.