Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mary Fisher

Default Kitchen Paint

"Pete C" wrote in message
On Wed, 08 Feb 2006 21:25:29 +0000, Andy Dingley
wrote:

Kitchen paint isn't expensive, Dulux is expensive. They change the
resins around and get something that's a bit more water / dirt
resistant. Whether this is useful really depends on the kitchen layout
- if there's paint anywhere near the cooker rather than just tiles,

or kids with grubby hands maybe...

And men with grubby hands.

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

He's just spent ages stripping, preparing, priming, under-coating and top
coating the kithen doors (after 20 years they needed drastic action and
they're unlikely to be done again in our lifetime) and he STILL doesn't use
the door handles!

He will, I'm "Ahem" ing every timeI see it. He's getting the message. I've
told him that you can get nice pieces of plastic to screw on doors, with
pretty pictures on them or cute cartoon figures (not that one). I've
threatened to get a man in to do it all again.

Something will work.

We used Ecos paint which hasn't had a long enough test yet and were given
some very nice new tiles which are now behind the cooker. They covered two
square metres so weshan't have to worry about cleaning mess there any more.

That is I shan't have to worry ... :-)

Mary

then
yes, they're worth having.