Posted to sci.electronics.repair
James Sweet

Default Before I throw this X-10 lamp module away...

JazzMan wrote:
jakdedert wrote:

JazzMan wrote:

A bulb blue-flashed failed in my lamp controlled by a
standard X-10 lamp module, the result being that now
the module when turned off only goes to half-brightness,
both by dimming and by commanding OFF via the remote. I
don't have money to buy another one, but may have the
ability to fix this one if it's a known failure mode
and replacement parts are in my giant bin-O-parts.

Anyone know enough about these to offer pointers or
advice?

JazzMan

Triac....

Google it.

jak

Thanks, I would (given my luck) spent a couple of days
googling before I stumbled across a repair. Now to find
a triac.

JazzMan

You can get one at Radio Shack, if you can't find one there, email me
and I'll send you one.