Posted to rec.woodworking
Thomas Kendrick

Default Which Nail Gun?

Framing nailer - used primarily for connecting structural 2x lumber or
subfloor
Finish nailer - 15 ga (angled magazine) and 16 ga (straight magazine)
for trim
Brad nailer - 18 ga for trim
Narrow-guage stapler - for trim
Medium-guage stapler - for sheathing and some cabinetwork

Find the nearest supplier of nails for framing contractors and
construction tradesmen. These folks depend on this equipment to earn
money. They will repair your nailgun if you buy nails from them.
Some of the professional brands (Paslode, PC, Hitachi, Makita, Senco,
Bostich, etc.) are also available in home centers. Nail availability
is more important than nailgun price.

On Wed, 08 Feb 2006 23:01:06 GMT, lid (poolq2010) wrote:

I am looking to buy a nail gun for home remodeling. Can Someone tell
me what each type of nail gun is used for or is there a site I can go
to. Also Do i need to be picky when i get ready to buy a Table saw?