Posted to alt.machines.cnc,rec.crafts.metalworking
Garlicdude

Default Baldor Pedestal Grinder

Proctologically Violated©® wrote:
"Garlicdude" wrote in message

PV, Believe they are called a carbide grinder. I would think that's a
good price, especially if the diamond wheel is in good shape. I use mine
a lot, but then I have a CNC lathe and use it to sharpen carbide boring
bars primarily.

I would imagine you have an SG as well. Is it just easier to do that type
of sharpening on a carbide grinder?
--
Mr. P.V.'d
formerly Droll Troll

PV, Yes I have a surface grinder also. I have a conventional wheel for
it and a radius wheel for grinding chip breakers. Sharpening small
solid carbide boring bars is much easier on the Baldor pedestal grinder.

I use the surface grinder to sharpen Thinbits. Also use the surface
grinder to neck down shanks on carbide endmills with the help of a spin-dex.

--
Regards,
Steve Saling