Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ned Simmons

Default Roll-in vs. DoAll 16" ML band saws

In article ,
says...

The Roll-in, in a small shop, seems over-all more manageable, but the DoAll
has more bells/whistles, variable speed, etc. But, the Roll-in is *much*
simpler, lighter, albeit w/ a bigger foot-print.

Also, keep in mind I have a big-assed Kalamazoo automatic hydraulic cut-off
saw (and the 4x6 jobby), so the feed capability of either band saw is not
critical.

What would you all do, and why?

Since you've got a cut-off saw, I'd go for the DoAll. It's a lot more
versatile than the roll-in, which excels at cutting off. With the 90
degree guides installed, I call my ML a poor man's roll-in saw. I made
the guides before I realized that DoAll made them as an accessory,
though mine are roller guides where the DoAll angled guides work just
like their standard guides.

http://www.suscom-maine.net/~nsimmon...dsawGuide1.JPG
http://www.suscom-maine.net/~nsimmon...dsawGuide2.JPG

I do have good drawings of the parts if anyone is interested.

Ned Simmons