Jon Elson

Default Another way to stop a diesel , literally.......was stoppinga diesel

Roy wrote:

. I had to wait for him to pass by my
driveway so I could pull out, and saw the whole 9 yards unfold. I had
a feeling he was going to loose it in the turn due to his rate of
speed and no signs of his brake lights that he was attempting to slow
it down. Unreal and hard to fathom, how a trucker could not see the
sign thats posted with a hard curve and 35 MPH speed limit posted. ON
the straightaway the speed is 55, down to 45 and then 35 for the turn.
He was gong better than 80 mph from what they figured when he entered
the turn.

He was asleep! With his eyes open, of course, but he was driving in his
sleep.
I've seen a few truck accidents like this, and even did it once myself when
driving tired. I was fascinated by the way those wooden sticks with the
dayglo
paint were spinning as they broke in half on the front fender, when suddenly
I woke up and said to myself "Hey, this is SERIOUS!!!!!" It was a
well-marked
place where a 2-lane each way divided highway converted to one lane each
way, and I was just drifting along, pralleling the car in the other
lane, when
i finally snapped out of it. So, I know from my own experience that it
DEFINITELY can happen to anyone.

The fact that he didn't brake at all is a very clear indication he was not
"with it".

Jon