Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Bruce Barnett

Default My attempt at an Oland tool

writes:

I have Yahoo DSL, and have had it for a couple of years. I like the
service a lot, but the newsreader is so hard to set up it isn't worth
it.

newsreaders are easy to replace. By definition, they all use the same
protocol when they connect to the news server. If one gives you
problems, use another.

The news SERVER is different. My ISP provides one for me as part of
the service. If I don't like that one, I can buy service elsewhere, or
find a free service elsewhere.

If your server provides the binary newsgroups, you are all set.