Posted to uk.d-i-y
Bob Smith

Default Boiler circuit board question

"raden" wrote in message
In message , Bob Smith
writes

The mother board is probably the more expensive and the more likely.
The flame detection probably has some time delay built in - i.e. 10
seconds with no flame goes to lockout.
Ergo the problem is more likely the main board.

It's not the main board. I replaced it today, and all the strange
symptoms
are still there.

Could it be the solenoid on the gas valve, or the ignition board?

Did I not mention earlier to measure the resistance of the solenoid ?

You're asking questions that people can only guess at without you
providing more information

OK, I measured across the 4 pins. 1 is not connected, but the resistance
between the other 3 pins is 0.86Kohm, 0.87Kohm and 1.73Kohm (I assume this
is across both in series).

Does this help?

Bob