Posted to alt.home.repair
~^Johnny^~

Default Toilet Draining Out

On Mon, 6 Feb 2006 09:47:17 -0500, "Jeff & Kathy Brown"
wrote:

Thank John but that still doesn't help solve my problem of why the water is
still draining out of the tank. Also, I got the noise to stop after replace
the entire flush valve system but still the water drains.

You may need a new toilet, then. ;-(

If the water is not showing up on the floor, then it's exiting via
the bowl. That's either a leaky flush (flapper) valve, leaky
threads/seat at the tank-to-bowl union, or cracked porcelain.

You may have to at least separate the tank from the bowl to see what
is going on, and at that point, you are probably just better off
replacing the entire commode. Unless you have a very
gaudy/rare/sentimental model, crappers aren't all that expensive...

....and you'll save water with the newer models, anyway.

Plumbing is a lot like a poker hand:
It is impossible to simultaneously have
a full house and a straight flush!

--
-john
wide-open at throttle dot info

~~~~~~~~
"The first step in intelligent tinkering is to
save all the parts." - Aldo Leopold
~~~~~~~~