Posted to sci.electronics.repair
JANA

Default Timex watch alarm quits after battery change

When you changed the battery, make sure that the rear cover is put back
exactly how it was so that the contact to the back is in proper place. In
many models, the contact is a spring that sits in a round slot. Many people
loose this spring when they change the battery in their watch. The original
spring contact would have to be ordered from Timex, unless you have the
means to make one yourself.

--

JANA
_____

"Stephen" wrote in message
I have two Timex watches whose alarms have quit working after I changed the
battery. Both are plain, cheap digital units, both with the "Expedition"
name. One is only about 3 years old (an "iControl" model), the other perhaps
8-10 years old. The watches seem to function fine except there is no longer
an audible alarm when the alarm or timer "goes off". I had no trouble
changing the battery in either case so I can't see how I could have caused
abnormal pressure anywhere nor did I bump anything. And, yes, I pressed the
reset button, more than once.

Has anyone run into this issue? Any ideas?

Thanks,
Stephen