Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ian Malcolm

Default OT-Software to create webpage of thumbnail images

Jim Stewart wrote:
I'm looking for some simple and hopefully free
software that can take a group of image files,
create thumbnails of them and create an http
page that will show the thumbnails and load the
big image when the thumbnail is clicked.

IrfanView does it just fine.

http://www.irfanview.com/

It even can generate a HTML file for each image so you get forward and
back buttons or it can just make one simple HTML index page.
To find this facility choose 'Thumbnails' from the main program's 'File'
menu then in the Thumbnail window, select the files you want and choose
'Save selected thumbs as HTML file...' from the 'File' menu. LOTS of
customisation options.

It can also handle most common image manipulation and viewing tasks and
supports batch processing. Make sure you get the program and the
plugins to add comprehensive file format support. Free for personal,
educational and charitable use. otherwise currently 12$ US. Runs on all
Windows 9X upwards. Reccomended.

At last I've been able to retire my horrible Pascal scripting running on
HYperimage from Hyperact under Windows for Workgroups 3.11 dating back
to 1995 :-)

ianm[at]the[dash]malcolms[dot]freeserve[dot]co[dot]uk [at]=@, [dash]=- &
[dot]=.
*Warning* SPAM TRAP set in header, Use email address in sig. if you must.