Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andy Hall

Default Choosing a make of combi boiler

On Tue, 07 Feb 2006 12:37:50 GMT, Tony Bryer
wrote:

On 6 Feb 2006 15:09:26 -0800 Thorn wrote :
If I am honest, the boilers are really good (and I don't get paid to
say that!) - There are certain models that play up more than others,
but we do test *every* boiler that goes out. I've seen it done.

When I was at the last Interbuild there was a film running on the W-B
stand showing this. The guy who was talking to us told us about when he
was talking some installers on a factory tour. They got to the test rig
and when the boiler was filled water came spraying out from somewhere.
He said that he wished the floor would open up, but instead one of the
group said "better here than when I've got it hung - I'll definitely be
buying these in future".

Pretty much a true with any product/service scenario. Ironically,
it's better to have a problem and show the customer your avbility to
fix it than never to have had a problem and to bull**** that you never
do.

--

..andy