Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Dean B.

Default Timex watch alarm quits after battery change

Stephen...
the "Alarm Buzzer" in digital watches is a piezo disk. A VERY
thin gold/brass looking disk with a circle of Piezo electric crystal that
looks like a circle of white paint. This disk is mounted in the back of the
watch.
The case of the watch is one connector to the "Alarm Buzzer", the other
connector is ususally a VERY VERY TINY little spring attatched to the
innards (Electronics) of the Watch.
When you put the back of the watch on, the little spring makes contact with
the "white" disk and completes the connection.

It's VERY easy to lose that spring!!! CAREFULLY take the back of the watch
off and look for it. If it's still sticking up out of the electronics then
the problem is related to something else. If not you'll have a problem on
your hands. Not only will you have to find or make a new spring, you'll have
to figure out where it connects on the circuit board.

One more thing...if everything else in the watch seems to work BUT the alarm
then RESET is NOT the problem!

Hope this helps.

Cheers....Dean.

"Stephen" wrote in message
I have two Timex watches whose alarms have quit working after I changed

the
battery. Both are plain, cheap digital units, both with the "Expedition"
name. One is only about 3 years old (an "iControl" model), the other

perhaps
8-10 years old. The watches seem to function fine except there is no

longer
an audible alarm when the alarm or timer "goes off". I had no trouble
changing the battery in either case so I can't see how I could have caused
abnormal pressure anywhere nor did I bump anything. And, yes, I pressed

the
reset button, more than once.

Has anyone run into this issue? Any ideas?

Thanks,
Stephen