Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Dick

Default Wood storage box: finish the inside?

Wood breathes and moves so anytime any finish is put on one side then
the same finish should be put on the reverse side to combat cupping and
twisting caused by moisture absorption at different rates between the two
sides.
Dick

--
Richard H. Neighbors
Building and repairing fine billiard cues for real pool players at
"Bill Schwab" wrote in message
Hello all,

The first of my home-grown storage boxes is taking shape, and if I am
going to put any kind of finish on the inside surfaces, I should do it
soon.

It looks to me as though people typically finish the outside surfaces and
leave raw wood (poplar in my case) contacting the oily tooling. Is that
what you recommend? I am thinking of using an oil finish on the outside.

Bill