Posted to alt.home.repair
dadiOH

Default closet doors?

AND Books wrote:
hi,

my sister-in-law is ex-scaping chitown to the rurals of indiana and
building a small (750 sqft) new environ-good house. she must have
closet space and has been around with contractors & architects...

i don't understand why closet doors aren't part of the new build, but
now she's scoping around to find either 3 or 4 section doors. they're
8'6" high and she's so far only found hi-priced customs like at
raydoor.com... the sliding part is replacable with opening type i
think, but before i launch into a menard, lowe's, HD, search and find,
i'd like to hear anyones experience with such closet doors (ebay's
no-go) we have them olde folding louvre doors at our house, they're
ugly, but comfortable in a 1920s built 2-story box...

1. Closets like that give great access to the upper shelves but really
don't increase hanging space.

2. The doors shouldn't be all that hard to find...condo builders often
use bifold doors like that because it is cheaper to do so than
framing/drywalling/finishing the space that is normally over the door.

3. 8'6" is a pretty standard size...13 blocks = 8'8" ceilings less
drywall leaving just enough space for a ceiling attached header/trim
piece for the doors.

--
dadiOH

dadiOH's dandies v3.06...