Posted to uk.d-i-y
Doctor Drivel

Default Choosing a make of combi boiler

"raden" wrote in message
In message .com, Thorn
writes
1st time post, be nice to me

I work for Worcester. Shhhh!!

Ooh, someone to poke sticks at

If I am honest, the boilers are really good (and I don't get paid to
say that!) - There are certain models that play up more than others,
but we do test *every* boiler that goes out. I've seen it done.

Don't hear a lot about Vaillant tbh, more people complain to us about
British Gas's service (and did you know most of their condensing
boilers are worcesters?).

Either way I am jealous whatever you choose - I can't afford a
Worcester lol, mind you I can't afford a whole new system to stick it
on.

I got given a 28i Junior last year ...

OP - Yes, joking apart, most of the fitters I talk to say Worcester or
Vaillant

I know one fitter who recommends boilers if they are quick and simple to
fit. He hasn't a clue what goes on under the cover and knows nothing of the
long term reliability.