Posted to alt.home.repair
Lar

Default Squirrels in Attic

In article .com,
says...
OIL OF PEPERMINT on cotton balls is a deterrant for rodents.
They are supposedly allergic to pepermint.
I have not tried this yet, but I am sure that the aroma of pepermint
leaking into my living space, kicks the crap out of decaying carcasses
of the consumers of rat poison I have left around to get them out.
Cheers

It seems to be as effective as all other repellents out there. There
will be a small percentage that swears by it, the same amount of people
that sees no effect. The times I have seen or used various peppermint
repellents I'll see a few days of quiet then they return. Actually a
container such as an old butter dish with ammonia and a piece of cloth
used as a wick seems to last longer than most. Maybe using PM oil the
same way may last longer.
--
Lar

Oh, if only Noah would of been a bit more wise,
he surely would of swatted those two flies.

to email....get rid of the BUGS