Posted to alt.home.repair
L d'Bonnie

Default closet doors?

AND Books wrote:
hi,

my sister-in-law is ex-scaping chitown to the rurals of indiana and
building a small (750 sqft) new environ-good house. she must have
closet space and has been around with contractors & architects...

i don't understand why closet doors aren't part of the new build, but
now she's scoping around to find either 3 or 4 section doors. they're
8'6" high and she's so far only found hi-priced customs like at
raydoor.com... the sliding part is replacable with opening type i think,
but before i launch into a menard, lowe's, HD, search and find,
i'd like to hear anyones experience with such closet doors (ebay's
no-go) we have them olde folding louvre doors at our house, they're
ugly, but comfortable in a 1920s built 2-story box...

thanks for any advice...

JS

Are you sure the doors are 8'6", seems to me that 6'8" is normal.
A standard frame house wall is just a tad over 8'. If she has decided to
to build a house with 9 or 10 ft. interior walls then she's toast.
Tell her to get a bigger checkbook.

I'm installing doors in my new place. Closet openings were roughed
in for a 4' wide set of doors. Instead of using folding doors I went
with two opposing 24" six panel doors, same style as the rest of
the doors in the house.