Posted to rec.woodworking
william kossack

Default aquarium stand

what I did was go to pets mart and a couple other places and looked
inside the stands they were selling.

Mostly they consist of a 1x frame maybe and 3/4 plywood put together
with pocket hole screws. Most aquarium users recommend marine plywood
if you can get it. Most of the support is in the plywood and the frame
holds the plywood in place. Just make sure the plywood is under the
edge of the tank.

The hardest thing I had was starting out with no tools. I figured I
could buy the tools build the stand for just a little more than buying
from the store and besides having a better looking stand I'd have the
tools. 3 stands later I was definitly ahead of the curve on cost.

I just wish all my other projects could save me money like that.

Rich wrote:
looking for plans for an aquarium stand 55 gal.