Posted to alt.home.repair
Mikey

Default How to seal up a leaky toilet tank?

"Rev. J. Toad" wrote:

Hey folks... my toilet tank is leaking out of one of the boltholes. I
believe that the reason for this is that when it was installed, they
didn't use those rubbery washers that you're supposed to use. I added
them, and it's still leaking (very slow leak).

Ideally, I'd like to get away with not replacing the tank, so I'm
thinking that if I dry it off and use some kind of silicon or
something around the hole, it should seal it up. Any suggestions as to
what product I should use, or alternative ideas? Thanks folk.

"Fighting crime by building more jails is like fighting cancer by building more cemeteries." - Paul Kelly

Any silicone sealant that says it's for bathroom, tub and tile should work. Or you can try "Amazing Goop"
(that's it's actual name) for plumbing.