Posted to uk.d-i-y
gp

Default Bath tap cooler than kitchen tap????????

wrote in message
ups.com...
Hi,

We have a new boiler installed in our home(it is in the roof space).

Would anybody know why our downstairs kitchen tap is hotter than the
bath tap even though this is closer to the boiler.

You will probably find that you have a thermostatic blending valve on your
bathroom supply. This mixes cold with hot to ensure that water does not get
above 40 odd degrees from the tap, no matter how slow you run it.
As with my install, the kitchen sink is a direct feed from the boiler - so
nice and hot - ideal for dishwasher