Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mark

Default Low-cost, low wattage, energy-saving lamps at Aldi soon

On 5 Feb 2006 18:03:03 -0800, wrote:

Jim Gregory wrote:
Very low prices! I thought I did well last year buying elsewhere at £2.00
each, but now cheaper still....
http://www.aldi.co.uk/special_buys/product_634.html

Poundland also do CFL bulbs for £1. I'm the curious sort and got one.
I wouldnt use them for any purpose. Theyre 6800k, which is more
hideous, and lumen output starts low and drops off very badly over the
year. The 11w lamp ended up with about the lumen output of a 3 watter.

I heard mention of asda doing them for around 50p too, but I dont know.
Everything depends on quality with cfls, some really are not worth
having.

Hub does them for around 99p. They last less time than an
incandescent bulb though :-(

Mark