Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jim Gregory

Default Low-cost, low wattage, energy-saving lamps at Aldi soon

Very low prices! I thought I did well last year buying elsewhere at £2.00
each, but now cheaper still....
http://www.aldi.co.uk/special_buys/product_634.html

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Jim Gregory wrote:
Very low prices! I thought I did well last year buying elsewhere at £2.00
each, but now cheaper still....
http://www.aldi.co.uk/special_buys/product_634.html

Poundland also do CFL bulbs for £1. I'm the curious sort and got one.
I wouldnt use them for any purpose. Theyre 6800k, which is more
hideous, and lumen output starts low and drops off very badly over the
year. The 11w lamp ended up with about the lumen output of a 3 watter.

I heard mention of asda doing them for around 50p too, but I dont know.
Everything depends on quality with cfls, some really are not worth
having.

NT

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tim Morley

"Jim Gregory" wrote in message
Very low prices! I thought I did well last year buying elsewhere at £2.00
each, but now cheaper still....
http://www.aldi.co.uk/special_buys/product_634.html

Local Asda doing philips for 49p each !!!

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Russel Sprout

"Tim Morley" tim.morley*REMOVE wrote in message
k...

"Jim Gregory" wrote in message
Very low prices! I thought I did well last year buying elsewhere at

£2.00
each, but now cheaper still....
http://www.aldi.co.uk/special_buys/product_634.html

Local Asda doing philips for 49p each !!!

Excellent colour and warm up time too.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Weatherlawyer

Default OT lamps.

Jim Gregory wrote:
Very low prices! I thought I did well last year buying elsewhere at £2.00
each, but now cheaper still....
http://www.aldi.co.uk/special_buys/product_634.html

Have the decency to add OT to your OT posts will you?

BTW; I got a nice 12" globe at Lidl for less than a tenner. A little
too low power for a useful light at the computer. But just what every
budding weatherlawyer needs. What got me was that I was going to but a
smaller one at a stationers for nearly twice the price.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mark

On 5 Feb 2006 18:03:03 -0800, wrote:

Jim Gregory wrote:
Very low prices! I thought I did well last year buying elsewhere at £2.00
each, but now cheaper still....
http://www.aldi.co.uk/special_buys/product_634.html

Poundland also do CFL bulbs for £1. I'm the curious sort and got one.
I wouldnt use them for any purpose. Theyre 6800k, which is more
hideous, and lumen output starts low and drops off very badly over the
year. The 11w lamp ended up with about the lumen output of a 3 watter.

I heard mention of asda doing them for around 50p too, but I dont know.
Everything depends on quality with cfls, some really are not worth
having.

Hub does them for around 99p. They last less time than an
incandescent bulb though :-(

Mark

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Stuart

On 6 Feb 2006 04:00:52 -0800, "Weatherlawyer"
wrote:

Jim Gregory wrote:
Very low prices! I thought I did well last year buying elsewhere at £2.00
each, but now cheaper still....
http://www.aldi.co.uk/special_buys/product_634.html

Have the decency to add OT to your OT posts will you?

I suppose you get an electrician in to replace yours then .????

:-)

Stuart
Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jim Gregory

"Weatherlawyer" wrote in message
ups.com...

Jim Gregory wrote:
Very low prices! I thought I did well last year buying elsewhere at £2.00
each, but now cheaper still....
http://www.aldi.co.uk/special_buys/product_634.html

Have the decency to add OT to your OT posts will you?

BTW; I got a nice 12" globe at Lidl for less than a tenner. A little
too low power for a useful light at the computer. But just what every
budding weatherlawyer needs. What got me was that I was going to buy a
smaller one at a stationers for nearly twice the price.

I felt some UK DIYers would relish this advance info.
Hadn't realised there had been even better prices at ASDA and £Land
recently.

PS What do the abbrevs CFL and OT mean?
Jim

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Steven Briggs

In message . com,
writes
Jim Gregory wrote:
Very low prices! I thought I did well last year buying elsewhere at £2.00
each, but now cheaper still....
http://www.aldi.co.uk/special_buys/product_634.html

Poundland also do CFL bulbs for £1. I'm the curious sort and got one.
I wouldnt use them for any purpose. Theyre 6800k, which is more
hideous, and lumen output starts low and drops off very badly over the
year. The 11w lamp ended up with about the lumen output of a 3 watter.

I heard mention of asda doing them for around 50p too, but I dont know.
Everything depends on quality with cfls, some really are not worth
having.

NT

Morrisons have Philips CFL (several sizes), 99p ea AND now a 2 for 1
offer, so equivalent 49.5p each.
I bought loads last time they had the offer. Colour temp is good, and
start is as near instant as any CFL I've seen.

--
steve
Senior Member

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Gregory
Very low prices! I thought I did well last year buying elsewhere at £2.00
each, but now cheaper still....
http://www.aldi.co.uk/special_buys/product_634.html
Man alive!!!

That is cheap

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Stuart

On Mon, 06 Feb 2006 19:11:03 GMT, "Jim Gregory"
wrote:

"Weatherlawyer" wrote in message
oups.com...

Jim Gregory wrote:
Very low prices! I thought I did well last year buying elsewhere at £2.00
each, but now cheaper still....
http://www.aldi.co.uk/special_buys/product_634.html

Have the decency to add OT to your OT posts will you?

BTW; I got a nice 12" globe at Lidl for less than a tenner. A little
too low power for a useful light at the computer. But just what every
budding weatherlawyer needs. What got me was that I was going to buy a
smaller one at a stationers for nearly twice the price.

I felt some UK DIYers would relish this advance info.
Hadn't realised there had been even better prices at ASDA and £Land
recently.

PS What do the abbrevs CFL and OT mean?
Jim

Where do you see CFL .. This topic in my newreader has been split in
to 3 parts for some reason . OT means Off Topic ....

Stuart
ps BTW means By The Way .