Posted to alt.home.repair
SQLit

Default Dishwasher drain length

wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi,

I'm building a new home, and the builder just called to let me know his
plaumber had told him that my dishwasher was too far from the kitchen
skinks drain vavle.

I know the length most dishwashers come with is around 2 meters. My
dishwasher is going to be just over 3 meters from the dishwasher.

If the dishwashers pump's aren't designed to pump water tgis far, isn't
it as simple as extenting the plumbing under the sink to a bit closer
to the dishwasher?? I'm confused as to what restrictions apply here.
The other option is to have the dishwasher on either side of a corner,
means 2 doors will be blocked ehwn the diswasher door is open. I'd
like to avoid this option but i don't want to be left with a dishwasher
that can't drain..

Any help would be welcome.

Mike

What does the manufacture of the dishwasher say about the drain hose?
Specifically size and distance.

Your builder certainly is not coordinating much.