Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Dishwasher drain length

Hi,

I'm building a new home, and the builder just called to let me know his
plaumber had told him that my dishwasher was too far from the kitchen
skinks drain vavle.

I know the length most dishwashers come with is around 2 meters. My
dishwasher is going to be just over 3 meters from the dishwasher.

If the dishwashers pump's aren't designed to pump water tgis far, isn't
it as simple as extenting the plumbing under the sink to a bit closer
to the dishwasher?? I'm confused as to what restrictions apply here.
The other option is to have the dishwasher on either side of a corner,
means 2 doors will be blocked ehwn the diswasher door is open. I'd
like to avoid this option but i don't want to be left with a dishwasher
that can't drain..

Any help would be welcome.

Mike