Posted to rec.woodworking
C&S

Default aquarium stand ... getting back on track

"Rich" wrote in message
Sorry about the declarative question. I was looking for some other ideas

on
case construction and trim finishing.

That's much better.

Here's a start. See what appeals to you in terms of style and function.

http://images.google.com/images?svnu...+stand&spell=1

(go to Google.com click on images, then type in "aquarium stand")

There are four ways to go about the engineering of a stand (that I can think
of).

1. Basically a table (open bottom)
2. 2x4 skeleton with plywood skins
3. Structural plywood box (like a kitchen cabinet)
4. Traditional solid wood frame and panel construction.

But that is all putting the cart before the horse. Use the Google images to
get an idea of what you want and let that, in conjunction with your skill
set and tool portfolio, be your guide.

Start with "what" and work towards "how".

Refine your idea of what, and share with us your vision. Let us know a bit
about your skills and tools and we can likely make some very specific
recommendations.

Regards,

Steve