Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Brian Lawson

Default Rain versus Snow w as PING: Glenn Ashmore..about the boat

Hey Speff,

Yeah, I was talking to my brother-in-law in Etobicoke this morning,
and he said they had nothing.

I went to bed late Friday evening, and it was snowing furiously, and
maybe 2" on the ground at that time. Got up Saturday morning to no
snow in sight anywhere and constant rain all day. Power tripped off a
few times watching TV after supper last night. Went to bed to still
raining, and got up this morning to about 8" of this white crap, and
it's still coming down occasionally a bit. The wind has backed
though 360, so there is snow on every wall and window, and piled
against every doorway!

Nice part about being retired....I don't have to go out, and the
neighbours think I'm old and won't care that I didn't shovel. We
don't have sidewalks anyway.

Take care.

Brian.

ps... I have a couple of air-band scanners in the shop. Because of
the Super Bowl, there is a NOTAM for a 30 mile radius restricted
airspace from Ford Field and block arrival times for everyone for all
this week and until Monday midnight, plus a security restriction
absolutely no-fly zone for all day today. Kinda neat listening to
all the exec jets arriving and almost everyone of them asking if the
limo got to the airport OK to pick up the passengers!! A lot of them
are flying into Windsor, and they also want Customs to come out to the
ramp!

I've tried too stupid, too slow, too sick, too fat, too old, and lots
of others I didn't like "too much". I'd still like to try too rich
though!

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
On Sun, 05 Feb 2006 08:48:47 -0500, Spehro Pefhany
wrote:

On Sun, 05 Feb 2006 08:33:09 -0500, the renowned Brian Lawson
wrote:

Hey Glenn,

Been quite some time since a web-site update on the boat building. How
is that going?

Take care.

Brian Lawson,
Bothwell, Ontario.

Hmmmm...I wonder if it's the 8" of snow in my driveway that makes me
think of sailing out of Key West about now??

Snow? You're lucky, we just got tons of cold rain all night (of course
you don't have to shovel rain).

Best regards,
Spehro Pefhany