Posted to rec.woodworking
C&S

Default aquarium stand and the really helpfull answers given to the OP.

I've been lurking around this newsgroup for the past year or so and I
finally have to say something about the majority of the responders to

posts.
Its a wonder anyone posts here, with all the sarcasm that is thrown around
every time someone asks for help. I wonder how many of you would talk to a
perfect stranger face to face in a similar manner.

Another Rich.

(Another) Rich,

I have made 3 aquarum stands, all from oak, but each very different designs.
I feel I have something to offer on the topic. But I'm not personally
inclined to take the time to offer commentary to someone who appears to be
asking other people do grunt work for him.

People who ask well thought out questions generally get the best answers.
There are good people here that take the time to give quality answers. IME,
people generally only get stomped on for saying something stupid (not to be
confused with ignorant).

Yes, I was sarcastic, but specifically because the OP broke that (your) same
rule. I don't see the original post as any differnt than walking into a
diner and and the first words to the waitress as "want big sandwich".

I get on my eight-year-old's case for saying "I'm hungry". At least that is
a *complete* declarative sentence. And yes I am sarcastic to her to and say
things like "Gee sweetie, that's too bad ....... wereyou tying to ask for
something? I did not hear a question". She is a very bright, articulate girl
who is very capapble of asking properly and usualy does.

If I must, I'll give useful advise to the OP: " Do a Google seach". The
expertise in the group is far more suited to help design an aquruim stand
and to locate a plan for anything (JT notwithstanding :-))

Regards,

Steve

"C&S" wrote in message

"Rich" wrote in message
looking for plans for an aquarium stand 55 gal.

Good for you.

Gee Rich, that almost looks like a declarative sentence, but of course
it's
not even a whole sentence.

Did you have a question?

Rich,

I have made 3 aquarum stands, all from oak, but each very different designs.
I feel I have something to offer on the topic.

However, people who ask well thought out questions generally get the best
answers.