Posted to uk.d-i-y
T i m

Default Low Energy Bulbs

On Sun, 05 Feb 2006 11:26:53 +0000, Mark Carver
wrote:

I realise the most practical solution is to forget the spots, and bung
in a couple of bog standard Fluorescent tubes, but you know what
SWMBOs are like :-)

Yes, they do what's best for the running costs of the house, offers
the best practical lighting solution and most benefit to the
environment ... don't they? If they don't you aren't informing them
properly? ;-)

All the best ..

T i m

With 2 x 6' flouro's in the kitchen .. and because it's the best lit
room in the house I'm about to get my antistatic mat out, go out there
and fit a new CCFL backlight (co-incidently) to a laptop ... ;-)

p.p.s I popped round a mates yesterday and as I pulled up the bloke
opposite (identical new posh house) was up his step ladders doing
summat with some lights in the veranda. As my mate came out they said
'Hi' and my mate asked what he was up to. He answered he was changing
some *more* mini spot lighs and was getting fed up doing the same day
in / day out? My mate conceeded and asked if there was anything that
they could be replaced with ... I said nothing ;-)