Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mark Carver

Default Low Energy Bulbs

Our kitchen has six 60 watt R63 spotlight lamps, which of course means
that the running cost is around 2-3p/h. It's a 'dark' kitchen, so the
lamps are on for a considerable amount of time each day.

I'm tempted by a direct low energy replacement featured on this page:-

http://www.yourwelcome.co.uk/acatalo...tisements.html

Does anybody have experience of these particular types. Light output,
time taken to reach full output, 'scatter' of beam etc ?

I realise the most practical solution is to forget the spots, and bung
in a couple of bog standard Fluorescent tubes, but you know what
SWMBOs are like :-)

TIA

--
Mark