Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Ken Moon

Default Rough sawing logs with a chainsaw

"Tom Nie" wrote in message
I've got some trees, pines particularly, that I'd like to slab for an
outbuilding. I understand there's a ripping blade for a chainsaw but have
heard, also, that it's not necessary.

Certainly Mac's sawmill would work better but I haven't got Mac's money
. Any thoughts, warnings, advice, suggestions?

TomNie

Tom,
You might want to check with some of the turner and other wood working clubs
in your area. See if they know any one who has a bandsaw mill that's willing
to works on shares. Some in the TX area will cut for a portion of the wood.
Percentage is negotiable in some cases, depending on travel time, type wood,
etc. YMMV

Ken Moon
Webberville, TX.