Posted to rec.woodworking
Mark & Juanita

Default Need help finding a "Fine Woodworking"article

On Sat, 04 Feb 2006 23:08:34 GMT, wrote:

Hi,
I recall seeing an article recently about fitting inset cabinet doors.
I think it was in FWW but I maybe mistaken. I saw it within the last
18 months or so.
Mike

There have been several articles in recent history:

Fitting inset doors: ShopNotes Vol 14, #80 Mar/Apr 2005 pp 26 ff
Install inset doors with ease: Fine Woodworking March/April 2005 pp 74 ff

While in the ideal world, the easiest installation is to have perfectly
square doors and perfectly square frames, in my world those events have yet
to happen. Slight misalignments and other stuff happens. These articles
give some good tips for fitting doors in the real world.