Posted to misc.consumers.house
Todd H.

Default ice dams - attic temperature & outside temperature - how close is close enough

"Bobo" writes:

I've been working on sealing up my attic to prevent the giant Ice Dams
that I had earlier this winter. When I started, my attic was 15
degrees over the outside temp. With careful sealing, I've managed to
cut this to 5 degrees under most conditions, but more like 10 if it's
really sunny out (with no snow on the roof).

all my sources say "keep the attic as close as possible to the outside
temperature" - so at 5 degrees, am I close enough?

I'd have to think that's awfully close.

--
Todd H.
http://www.toddh.net/