Posted to alt.home.repair
Frank Boettcher

Default Squirrels in Attic

On Sat, 4 Feb 2006 10:20:22 -0500, "Bob" wrote:

Squirrels can't chew through wire, so they must be getting in under it. Take
some sheet metal and screw it on top of the hole.

On the contrary Bob, squirrels ate through the wiring that controls
the fuel injection on my truck, twice. Through the insulation and
then ate through 16 ga. wiring from the control module.

Frank (not the original poster) B.

"Frank B." wrote in message
Is there any way to keep squirrels from getting through the heavy gauge

wire
I have installed at the gable vents? They just use their teeth to get in
anyway. I even put rat bait in the attic but they won't eat it! I used a
solid piece of wood to close up the gables in the past......but guess

what?

Hang a couple of bags of moth balls from the gables. they will avoid
the area.