Posted to rec.woodworking
Wilson

Default raised panels

Maybe make a jig thingy that slides on the table and has a high vertical to
clamp to. Bract to the outside with a couple of 90s and it would be rigid.
I'm sure it's in the books. No need to use the groove, just keep pressure
against the fence. Love my shaper and 5 1/2" cutter, but I'd do this
otherwise.
Wilson
"Doug Miller" wrote in message
. com...
In article , "mark"
wrote:
From what I understand verticle panel raising is easier and safer than
doing
it with a large 3+" horizontal panel raising bit. Other than making a good
solid tall fence is there any reason to re-consider doing them
horizontally?
I have a 2 1/4" bosch router and a table for it.

One big point in favor of doing them horizontally is that it's obviously
easier to hold the panel down flat against a large table than to hold it
perfectly vertical against a relatively tiny fence. I'd think that, at a
minimum, you'd want to make an auxilliary fence a good six inches tall if
you're going to do them vertically.

Sounds to me like a good excuse to buy a shaper...

--
Regards,