Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
jim rozen

Default KIds in the shop...

In article , Don Foreman says...

There is nothing more effective than quiet calm fury.

This is a general truth, not just with kids. For some reason
my wife does this unusually well. I call it "Thinly Veiled Rage"
because that's how it comes across. When she's really angry
at somebody, but trying not to lose her temper, that's what
comes across - and oddly folks back away from that, more than
they do from the real anger.

Set wide walls
so there is room for exploration -- but make hitting the walls hurt
noticably. How noticibly depends on the kid. Some kids are
incredibly tough. I had a couple like that. Blow curfew for
third time, the doors are locked go sleep in yer car at 30 below.
Tough kids cope, and learn from the experience.

I could try that I suppose if I ever had to - but seeing as I taught
her to pick locks, it might not last long. g

Jim

please reply to: